Search our Site
Funded by Selby Town Council

Disclaimer: Please note that inclusion of information on this website does not imply endorsement of products, campaigns or services by Selby and District DIAL.  Selby and District DIAL is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. All Names, Intellectual Property Rights, Trademarks and Logos remain the property of their respective owners. We are not affiliated with these companies, except where stated and this site is not endorsed by them.


What is PIP?

Personal Independence Payment or PIP, replaces DLA and is designed to help towards some of the extra costs you might have because of long term health conditions or disability.

How do I claim PIP?

To start your claim for PIP just call:

                        Telephone: 0800 917 2222 or

                       Text phone: 0800 917 7777

Someone else can call on your behalf to make the claim, but you will need to be there too.  You will only be asked for some basic information for now.

What happens after I start my claim?

You will be sent a form so that you can tell them how your health condition or disability affects your daily life, both on ‘good’ days and ‘bad’ days and over a range of activities. All this information is in the government booklet and we  

have copies in our offices if you would like to have one. We can support you through the whole process if you like, from the initial form filling right through to the final decision, so please do not worry.

It is important to know that not everybody will be affected straight away. This only affects new claims for adults between the ages of 16 to 65. Everyone else will receive their notifications from DWP through the post, but we are unable to advise a timescale at this present time.

The best way to check is to use the “Guide to Government Benefits and Allowances” on our Services Page. Click on the PIP Button. This will take you to the relevant page on the GOV.UK website. Once there, click on the PIP Checker to find out if and when PIP affects your DLA and when you can claim PIP.

If you need help or just want to know more information about these changes remember, we are only a telephone call away.  Pick up the phone or pop into our offices and we will be more than happy to help and support you.

Selby DIAL Outreach Personal Independence Payment Apply for a Community Alarm
Apply for a Disabled 
Person’s Bus Pass
Apply for a needs assessment 
By social services
Apply for equipment for your 
Home if you’re disabled
Garden maintenance for 
elderly or disabled council 
Mobility scooters and powered 
Wheelchairs: the rules
Passport services for 
Disabled customers

Welfare Benefits Advice

Welfare Benefits Advice at:

Horton Housing Community Cafes

Please Contact:

Paul Halmshaw

07525 667905

For Further Details

disability confident disability confident Find out more by clicking the image to the left
From the Department for Work and Pensions: disability confident Employers tell us recruiting and promoting disabled employees
Is one of the best business decisions they have ever made.

Their diverse talents, creativity and insights into a fast-growing
Customer demographic help build a sustainable growth.
Carers Banner

We are currently working with our partners to develop a new carers strategy, to be launched in 2017. It will be an all-ages strategy, aimed at supporting carers to both continue caring and to have a life of their own.

We want to work with carers to design the new strategy and over the coming year will work together with individuals, groups and organisations to find out what's working, what needs to change and how we can do that in partnership. This will help us to develop an effective strategy and make sure we provide the right support for carers.

To start the conversation about what matters to carers, we'd really like to know your answer to this question:

'What's the one change you'd like to see to make your community more carer friendly?'

Please send your response to

There are many different ways you can take part in helping to shape the new carers strategy, from attending events and joining discussions to completing questionnaires.

For more information  and to register your details so that we can contact you to let you know about opportunities to take part please go to

You can also email, call 01609 780780 or speak to a member of the team at your local carers resource centre and they will pass your details to us.

We aim to begin working with carers to develop the strategy later this summer.

Carers Strategy Engagement North Yorkshire & York Forum Handmade Cards DIAL News Separator Separator Handmade Cards

We have a variety of handmade cards available for sale at a minimum donation of just £0.50p! All of the cards have been hand crafted by some of our volunteers and members of the Activity Group to raise more funds to help keep our service operating.  See our Noticeboard for more details.

Handmade Cards

From 1 April this new fund has been introduced to replace DWP crisis loans and Community Care Grant. To be eligible people must have at least one identified vulnerability:

Homeless or at risk of homelessness

Learning disability

Physical disability

Mental heath problem

Released from prison

Domestic abuse


Drugs or alcohol dependency

Family under exceptional pressure

If you think you qualify or for more information contact North Yorkshire County Council’s customer contact centre on:

0845 872 7374

Separator Back to Top Next